Carillon Beach COVID-19 Update & Closures
(3/19/2020 at 1:00 PM CDST)
The Carillon Beach Board of Directors is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 Virus Guidance at the National, State, County, and in adjacent communities. Although there are currently no confirmed cases of the virus in Bay County, surrounding counties are seeing increasing numbers of cases. We expect to see more confirmed cases in the coming days.
In addition, we are seeing a dramatic increase in temporary closures of both beach access and HOA amenities in surrounding HOA-managed communities. Yesterday, Simon Properties closed all store venues at Pier Park and at Silver Sands in Destin until the end of March.
Despite our increased hygiene efforts at our amenities, we cannot provide full assurance to our homeowners or guests regarding the efficacy of those sanitization activities in preventing the spread of COVID-19 at Carillon Beach.
With these collective issues as a backdrop and with the clear objective to limit the spread of this disease across our national, state, and local population, Carillon Beach is taking the following actions:
- Beaches ARE OPEN at this time (as well our Community Walkovers), subject to governing entities and association decision. We are mandating social distancing of groups of 10 or fewer and distance of at least 6’ between parties.
- All Carillon Beach Amenities including our 3 community pools, Village Green, Bellview Park, playgrounds, tennis court and basketball court, are all CLOSED, starting Friday, March 20th at 5 pm and continuing until Further Notice.
- Ed’s Beach Chair Service on Carillon Beach will be suspended, starting Friday, March 20th at 5 pm and continuing until Further Notice.
- The Meeting House is closed to all events until Further Notice.
- All community events have been suspended until Further Notice.
- The CBA office will notify all known Rental Program Managers of this decision and recommend that rental agencies notify their customers planning vacations at Carillon Beach during this time. All VRBO or private managers should notify their prospective renters of these decisions immediately.
Please be considerate as our Association Team is managing many evolving and changing priorities. We are experiencing extremely high call volumes, so please be patient as we work our way through each homeowner and guest request. The best way to stay updated on decisions we make is to read and share all email communications we send out and to stay close to our website and Facebook page for news from the association and city, county and state agencies:
Stay safe and informed and we thank you for your continued cooperation,
Carillon Beach Board of Directors & General Manager