This year, we are shaking things up. The last two years we celebrated the 4th of July with flyovers, but this year we are doing something different – we are Playing in the Sand!
A Carillon Beach Institute Sponsored Event
The Carillon Beach Institute is pleased to sponsor a special sandcastle event tomorrow on July 4th. We welcome your artistic flair and sandcastle skills to create a “4th of July” inspired work of art – ONLY fitting for the finest of sea kings and queens!
Registration is free. Once you register, you will receive a special Carillon Beach surprise, a US Flag that will be used to identify your castle as an event entry, and a unique number to identify your team. Registration is available TOMORROW (July 4th) on the Village Green, after the 4th of July Parade.
Rules & Regulations
- Two categories: Sculpting and Castles
Single and Multiple families may register. This event is open to homeowners and renters in the Carillon Beach community; however, the work cannot be larger than 6’ X 6’.
- The sandcastle entry must be constructed with all natural artifacts, found on our beach or in the water (shells, driftwood, sea grass, etc.).
- No dye is permitted – or anything else that may harm the environment. Remember – we are in turtle season!
- Sandcastle construction and/or sculpting must feature both the US flag and the yellow number flag you are given to mark your official entry.
- Judging will start at 4pm, beginning at Walkover #8 and finishing before 6pm at Walkover #1.
- Winners will be announced at the Groovin’ on the Green concert, before the music begins.
- You and your team will have all day to build/construct, but the effort cannot begin until daylight July 4th. Because we do not want large holes in the sand that harm our sea turtles ability to lay their eggs – we want to ensure a safe environment before and after our event for our turtles!
Come Play in the Sand with us!